Sunday, November 26, 2017

Card Of The Week November 26

I was looking at the box score from the Melbourne Aces' 6-0 shutout over the Adelaide Bite in the Australian Baseball League on Friday when I realized that the starting pitcher for the Aces was  Korean pitcher Hei-Chun Lee who I had not included in my list of Asian players in the ABL this season.  I think that the reason I missed him is that Melbourne added him to the roster after the first week of the season.

Lee is a veteran of both the KBO and NPB.  He was originally drafted by the then OB Bears out of high school back in 1998 and played for the Bears (who were bought by Doosan in 1999) until 2008.  He left the KBO as a free agent and went to NPB where he spent the next two seasons playing for the Tokyo Yakult Swallows.  After the 2010 season he returned to Korea, spending three more seasons with Doosan (2011-13) and two with the NC Dinos (2014-15).  I'm not sure where he's played the past two seasons although he pitched for Adelaide in the 2016-17 ABL season.

I've got two cards of him from Korea and two cards of him from Japan:

1999 Teleca #11

1999 Teleca Premium #22

2009 BBM 1st Version #374

2010 BBM 1st Version #083

No comments: