Sunday, February 12, 2017

Card Of The Week February 12

I came across this oversized (3 12 inches by 5 1/2 inches) bromide card of Tetsuharu Kawakami a little while back when I was doing research for my post on the Giants uniforms.  As far as I can tell the card is uncatalogued.  Assuming that the colors are correct (which is a big assumption given some of the hand colored bromides of the era) the uniform is from 1950 so I assume the card is from 1950 or 1951.


My scanner clipped a bit of the white border on the right side of the card.

5 comments:

SumoMenkoMan said...

Is the back blank?

NPB Card Guy said...

Yes

SumoMenkoMan said...

It looks a lot like JBR52 with the blank backs.

NPB Card Guy said...

Very similar but this card is twice the size of the JBR52 cards. It wouldn't surprise me if it was some related issue like some sort of prize card.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Yeah, it sounds like a prize card for one of those sets from the late 1940s/early 1950s. Cool find!