Sunday, January 17, 2010

Card Of The Week January 17

Last weekend, my family and I went to Walt Disney World. Among other things, we checked out the Magic Of Disney Animation show at Hollywood Studios. During the show, Mushu the Dragon (from Mulan) gave a quick history of Dragons and, to my surprise, mentioned the Chunichi Dragons. At this point, a picture of the team celebrating briefly appeared on the screen. From what I could see, it looked like someone was being thrown up in the air, so I figure it was a do-age for the manager. Since it looked like the team was wearing the uniforms similar to the Dodgers that they wore from 1987 to 2003, I'm guessing that it was either the 1988 or 1999 Central League pennant being celebrated, which means that Senichi Hoshino would be the manager in question. Here's a card showing the 1988 celebration (2006 BBM Dragons 70th Anniversary #06):

No comments: